Tunes-N-Tint Installs Serious Car Security.
We are vehicle security experts at Lakeland’s Tunes-N-Tint. We don’t just install car alarms; our MECP certified technicians thoughtfully design and integrate vehicle security systems that ensure your car and its contents remain yours. We can integrate added convenience with remote keyless entry (locking and unlocking your doors by remote control), power window closure, GPS tracking and smartphone control. We work on all kinds of vehicles from classics to modern, including all the newest ‘push-to-start’ vehicles lacking a traditional key and using a push button starter on the dash. With a comprehensive vehicle security system installed by Tunes-N-Tint, you’ll have the peace-of-mind of knowing that whatever kind of vehicle you own, it’s protected and secure.
Cover the Bases
Well designed vehicle security systems begin with covering all the obvious bases. That means all of the vehicle’s entry points (doors, hood and trunk/hatch) as well as disabling the starter. Tunes-N-Tint ensures all the entry points are secured and monitored so that, should any entry point be breached, the security system will trigger. In addition to entry points, the vehicle’s ignition switch is also a trigger point in the event any ‘hot wiring’ is attempted or duplicated keys are used. Our expert installation technicians make all of these electrical connections using only the high quality processes and camouflage all of the system’s wiring so that even the best thief can’t tell the vehicle wiring from the security system’s wiring. This is one way Tunes-N-Tint ensures the bases are covered for even the most basic of vehicle security systems.
Sensors Heighten Protection
Entry points and ignition system monitoring isn’t enough. There are numerous potential threats that don’t require opening a door such as ‘smash and grab’ theft or attempts to steal high cost wheels and tires. Specialized sensors are particularly well suited for protecting against these threats and adding a heightened layer of vehicle protection. At Tunes-N-Tint we have specific sensors for all kinds of targeted purposes so you’ll be sure to have the appropriate type of protection for your vehicle’s needs. Here are some examples:
- Impact Sensor – Also called a ‘shock sensor’, the impact sensor is the most diverse single sensor that we offer because it detects impact-based threats that often include smashing of the glass, tampering with the door handle or lock mechanisms and other things where the vehicle body sees light to moderate impact. It’s the best ‘all around’ sensor and is included in most all of our security systems.
- Digital Motion Sensor – Different than an impact sensor, the digital motion sensor is ideal for movement-based protection, such as jacking up the vehicle in an attempt to steal wheels. The digital nature of the circuitry greatly reduces the probability of false triggers from heavy winds or rain.
- Glass Break Sensor – Our glass breakage sensors are specifically engineered to detect the high pitched sound of breaking glass. These are highly effective with many of the methods thieves use to break a vehicle’s glass from a distance.
- Field Disturbance Sensor – Also called a ‘radar sensor’ or ‘ultrasonic sensor’, this sensor detects the presence or absence of an object in an open space. These are ideal for truck beds, convertibles, sunroof cars and Jeep Wrangler vehicles. The sensor works on a high frequency radar principle so whenever something is introduced into the space (a hand or arm) or removed (contents from the vehicle), the sensor will trigger the security system.
- Seat Pressure Sensor – Similar to the way front passenger seat airbags are enabled or disabled by sensing the presence of an occupant, we can install seat pressure sensors to add a trigger point for open top vehicles like Jeeps, Side-by-Side vehicles (SSVs), boats and other vehicles that wouldn’t require opening a door for entry.
Protection with a vehicle security system is also about drawing attention. Tunes-N-Tint’s expert installation technicians employ a range of methods to achieve this goal, both visual and audible. We flash the vehicle’s parking lights and use high output, hidden sirens to enhance the attention-getting capabilities of the security system. In addition, one or more interior mounted LED warning lights flash to let potential thieves know your vehicle is protected. This often proves effective in the thief moving on to the next vehicle and leaving yours unharmed. We can add additional methods of attention getting measures such as strobe lights, honking the vehicle’s horn and even a back-up battery system that will keep the sirens running even if the main battery and security system power is disconnected.
Of course the security system is just part of how Tunes-N-Tint customers enjoy their purchase. As there is a key fob remote control or (optional) smartphone control, it makes sense to connect other convenience-based features to make your life easier. We can connect the vehicle’s power door locks and power windows to close up the vehicle with the press of a button. If your car lacks power door locks, no problem; we can add them. Pop the trunk, open minivan sliding doors, close the power sunroof and just about anything else you can imagine. If it’s an electronic function that exists in your vehicle, chances are the Tunes-N-Tint skilled installation technicians can add it to your remotely controlled security system.
You can also combine a vehicle security system with remote car starter capabilities to control from the same remote. Arm/disarm the system as you lock/unlock doors and control the remote engine starting all conveniently from the same key fob or smartphone app.
Already Have Factory Keyless Entry?
Tunes-N-Tint can add a security system to your vehicle’s existing keyless entry system and you can retain the factory remote control. While this is not as robust a vehicle security approach as our stand-alone security systems, this method allows you to maintain the factory key fob and simultaneously enhance the vehicle’s overall security.
Visit Us Today
We are centrally located between Tampa and Orlando to better serve you. Stop in at any of our well stocked and easy to find locations in Lakeland and experience the Tunes-N-Tint difference. Let the MECP certified experts at Tunes-N-Tint show you comprehensive vehicle security approaches suited just for you. We’re experts who take the time to listen to your needs and then create an individualized solution that provides you fantastic value and peace-of-mind. It’s just another way we work hard to earn your business and show our commitment to true customer service.