Amazing Sound on the Water!
Tunes-N-Tint’s marine audio system design experts know just exactly how do design and install an audio system in your boat that delivers amazing sound. We have decades of experience in marine audio installations, both recreational and sea-going vessels. Our installation standards for marine electronics installations are of the highest quality, which is why we offer a lifetime guarantee on our installation services. Whether you use your boat for hunting, fishing, water skiing, wakeboarding or just plain entertainment, we have your marine sound system needs covered.
Unique Marine Audio Considerations
Sound systems in boats are different from passenger cars and trucks. Cars and trucks have an enclosed listening space whereas boats are wide open. This difference highlights very specific considerations for effective distribution and projection of sound on a boat. The choices and locations for speakers are important. The electrical considerations to provide sustained amplification for the speakers are also critical, including dealing with multiple batteries. Boats are also constantly exposed to moisture, extreme sunlight and the wear and tear of passengers simply having fun while on the water. At Tunes-N-Tint, we factor all of these important considerations into a thoughtful, solution-based approach that will leave you with nothing but the enjoyment of amazing sound on the water.
Marine-Grade Installation Features
Our installation considerations for marine audio systems ensure longevity, reliability and high performance for your boat’s audio system.
- Marine-Grade Stereos – We offer a range of marine-grade stereos and controllers with water intrusion resistance (using the IPX standards) and often provide multiple access points so you can control the sound from wherever you are. We take the time to understand how you’ll use your boat’s audio system and to which devices you will to connect (such as iPhone®/Andriod™ devices or USB media). All of these marine-grade solutions are in stock ready for your boat today.
- Efficient and Powerful Amplifiers – At Tunes-N-Tint, we recommend the best, high efficiency amplifiers to minimize electrical current consumption on your boat’s batteries. We also take the time to calibrate the amplifiers using our test and measurement equipment to ensure maximum (undistorted) output to the speakers.
- Marine-Grade Speakers – Tunes-N-Tint offers you an incredible selection of marine-grade speakers featuring IPX rated water intrusion resistance, as well as materials that resist breakdown in UV (sunlight), moisture and heat exposure. We install speakers in specific locations throughout the boat so that each location delivers amazing sound without distortion or overdriving.
- Custom Subwoofer Enclosures – Our talented fabricators at Tunes-N-Tint can create customized subwoofer enclosures for the boat’s audio system without sacrificing any functionality or storage space. We use a combination of plastics, fiberglass and marine-grade birch wood products to ensure longevity and maximum low frequency performance. Often guests on our customers’ boats assume the subwoofers are a factory-installed option because they integrate so well.
- Stainless Steel Mounting Hardware – Rusting hardware makes servicing or exchanging components difficult or impossible. This why we uses stainless steel mounting hardware to inhibit rust and corrosion on mounting screws, bolts and nuts. It’s important for serviceability and longevity should a part need to be removed and either diagnosed, repaired or replaced for any reason. Our lifetime installation labor guarantee backs this up.
- Soldered and heat shrink wire connections – Our MECP certified installation technicians solder and heat shrink seal all of the critical wire to wire connections in your boat’s installation. This step resists any corrosion that’s common to copper wire in a marine environment. Again, our lifetime installation labor guarantee backs this up.
- Secondary Battery – At Tunes-N-Tint, we often add one or more additional marine-grade batteries or low voltage cut-off switches to enhance the reliability of the boat’s electrical system. This provides no-hassle starting, regardless of audio system use, and ensures the safety of passengers. Ask our expert system designers for more details on your specific application.
- LED Accent Lighting – Our installation technicians can also add LED accent lighting in a range of colors to provide a safer environment for boating after dark and more visual interest. Everyone on the water is safer when other boaters see you more clearly and it’s just more fun.
Visit Us Today
Stop in to any of our well stocked and easy to find locations in Lakeland and experience the Tunes-N-Tint difference. We are centrally located between Tampa and Orlando to better serve you. Let the MECP certified experts at Tunes-N-Tint show you all the marine sound system solutions for your boat. We’re experts who take the time to listen to your needs and then create an individualized solution that provides you incredible value and promises to deliver amazing sound on your boat.